Follow us:

VISA invitation letter information

General Information

The documents you need to enter Spain vary depending on where you are from. If you are a citizen of the European Union, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein, all you need is your Identification Card, or a valid passport.

The Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs provides lists of third countries whose nationals must be in possession of visas when crossing the external borders; and of those whose nationals are exempt from that requirement. If you are a citizen of a country that is exempted from the visa requirement, all you need is a valid passport to enter Spain.

If you are from any other country according to the criteria of the EU, you must request a visa at a Spanish Consulate in your country of residence. However, you will also need a valid passport.

For these cases, Spanish authorities may ask documents showing where you will stay, confirmation of an organized tour, return air tickets, tourist circuit, or a personal invitation letter. You may also be asked to show proof of having enough financial resources to support yourself during your stay in Spain. Since conditions may vary, we recommend you contact your local Spanish Consulate or Embassy for more information.

Invitation Letter

It is mandatory to have paid the registration to receive the Invitation Letter.

If you require an Invitation letter please click on the following link to access our online invitation letter application form. After entering your full name (as printed in your passport), full postal address and passport number, an official invitation letter will be sent by e-mail.

Please note that unfortunately we are unable to send invitation letters directly to consulates. Invitation letters are prepared solely for individuals and are mailed directly to them. It is your responsibility to ensure documentation is correct and completed before you start your journey. We recommend you to apply for your visa at least 10 weeks before you travel (earlier in some cases). For more information, contact your nearest Spanish Embassy or Consulate.

More information can be found at:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs site